Special care is required when embroidering:
• Always pay close attention to the needle. Do not use
bent or damaged needles.
• Keep fingers away from all moving parts. Special
care is required around the machine needle.
• Switch the machine to the symbol "O" position to
turn it off when making any adjustments in the
• Do not use a damaged or incorrect needle plate, as
it could cause the needle to break.
• Do not push or pull the fabric when embroidering.
This machine is not a toy:
• Your close attention is necessary when the machine
is used by or near children.
• The plastic bag that this machine was supplied in
should be kept out of the reach of children or
disposed of. Never allow children to play with the
bag due to the danger of suffocation.
• Do not use outdoors.
For a longer service life:
• When using and storing this machine, avoid direct
sunlight and high humidity locations. Do not use or
store the machine near a space heater, iron, halogen
lamp, or other hot objects.
• Use only neutral soaps or detergents to clean the
case. Benzene, thinner, and scouring powders can
damage the case and machine, and should never be
• Always consult the Operation Manual when
replacing or installing any assemblies, the presser
feet, needle, or other parts to assure correct
For repair or adjustment:
• If the light unit is damaged, it must be replaced by
an authorized Brother dealer.
• In the event a malfunction occurs or adjustment is
required, first follow the troubleshooting table in the
back of the Operation Manual to inspect and adjust
the machine yourself. If the problem persists, please
consult your local authorized Brother dealer.
Use this machine only for its intended use as described
in the manual.
Use accessories recommended by the manufacturer as
contained in this manual.
Use only the mouse designed specifically for this
The contents of this manual and specifications of this
product are subject to change without notice.
For additional product information and updates, visit
our website at www.brother.com
This machine is intended
for household use.
FOR USERS IN COUNTRIES EXCEPT
This appliance is not intended for use
by persons (including children) with
reduced physical, sensory or mental
capabilities, or lack of experience and
knowledge, unless they have been
given supervision or instruction
concerning use of the appliance by a
person responsible for their safety.
Children should be supervised to
ensure that they do not play with the
FOR USERS IN CENELEC COUNTRIES
This appliance can be used by children
aged from 8 years and above and
persons with reduced physical, sensory
or mental capabilities or lack of
experience and knowledge if they have
been given supervision or instruction
concerning use of the appliance in a
safe way and understand the hazards
involved. Children shall not play with
the appliance. Cleaning and user
maintenance shall not be made by
children without supervision.