Transferring Received FAX Data
When the product needs to be repaired, received FAX data if left in the unit for repair are
lost when the Power cord is unplugged from the electrical outlet.
To prevent data loss, you can transfer remaining fax files inside the unit to another fax
machine or PC. The service personnel must instruct the user on the phone to follow the
procedure below and guide the user on how to transfer data.
Note The number of fax data files that can be transferred at a time is 99. To transfer more
than 100 fax data files, the user needs to perform the procedure below as many times as
Tip If there are both color and monochrome files to be transferred, the monochrome data
will be transferred first. If the receiving machine does not support color data, the sending
machine will not be able to transfer color data and will receive an error.
Transferring fax data to another fax machine
■ Operating Procedure
(1) Press the [Stop/Exit] key to close the error message (if displayed).
(2) Press the [Menu] key.
(3) Press [ ] or [ ] to choose "Service". Press [OK] key.
(4) Press [ ] or [ ] to choose "Data Transfer". Press [OK] key.
(5) Press [ ] or [ ] to choose "Fax Transfer". Press [OK] key.
(6) If a fax number entry screen appears, there are fax messages in the memory. Enter
the fax number to which the fax messages would be forwarded.
(7) Press the [Black Start] key.