"1.14 Check Scanning and Printing"
Correction Values", "Adjustment of Vertical Print Lines/Software Correction for Inclination/
Corrugation/Ruled Lines", and "Margin Adjustment in Borderless Printing" for details on the
2.10 Obtain machine information (instruction to the end user)
Users who had their machine repaired must retrieve the head calibration data from their
If the Printer Driver Settings in [Advanced] [Other print options] "Automatically
Retrieve Printer's Color Data" of [Retrieve Printer's Color Data] is ON (default), the data is
If "Automatically Retrieve Printer's Color Data" is OFF, instruct the user to obtain machine
information by performing the following the steps below.
(1) <Operating systems other than Windows 8>
On the user computer, click [Start] [Settings] [Printers] to display the Printers
Right-click the Brother Printer driver icon and click on Properties from the pull-down
menu. After clicking Properties, the Properties dialog will open. Click on [Print
On the user computer, click [Settings] [Control Panel] [Devices and Printers].
From the printer driver's pull-down menu, Click [Print Settings].
(2) Click [Advanced] [Other print options] [Retrieve Printer's Color Data].
(3) Confirm that the [Use Printer's Color Data] check box is selected.
(4) Click [Retrieve Printer's Color Data].
(5) Wait for the dialog to appear then click [OK].
(1) Select the connected machine from the machine list of the user's PC.
(2) Select [Open Print Queue] [Printer Setup] [Utility] [Open Printer Utility].
(3) From the menu bar, select [Control] [Retrieve Printer's Color Data].
(4) Wait for the dialog to appear then click [OK].
*For a detailed explanation on how to acquire printer information, refer to the Brother
Solution Center FAQ.
of this chapter, refer to "Update the Paper Feeding