7-3. Adjusting the needle bar height
1. Press the THREAD key to switch to threading mode.
2. Press the
3. Set the needle bar (1) to its lowest position.
4. Remove the rubber cap (2) from the face plate, and then
loosen the set screw (3) of the needle bar clamp.
5. Insert the "1" part of the gauge (4) between the needle
plate (5) and the lower edge of the needle bar (1), and
touch the needle bar against the gauge.
6. Tighten the set screw (3).
7. Install the rubber cap (2).
8. Check that the cutter flank of the needle bar (1) is at a
right angle to the cutter.
9. Press the THREAD key.
If the installation positions are not correct, the needle
bar (1) and the cutter may touch when the needle
zigzags, which may result in noise or cause the needle
Different gauges (optional part) are used for each of
the two specifications -2 and -3, so make sure that the
gauge being used matches the specifications and
application for the sewing machine being adjusted.