Repeat steps1 to 3 to adjust the belt tension until it is within the ranges given below.
・ When using a new belt: 40 - 45 N
・ When reusing an old belt: 30 - 45 N
1) Loosen the three screws (23) so that the feed pulse motor (19) moves easily.
2) Use the adjustment screw (24) to adjust the belt tension.
3) Tighten the three screws (23).
4) Check that the timing belt (13) moves smoothly.
5) Loosely tighten the nut (25).
Be sure to use a belt tension gauge to measure the belt tension, and measure at the position shown in the
The belt tension gauge should be set to measure a unit weight of 0.25 gf/cm, a belt width of 10 mm and a span
length of 169 mm.
If no belt tension gauge is available, use a push pull gauge to apply 98N of force to the notch in the motor mounting bracket
(20) while tightening the three screws (23).
(Middle of belt)