7-10. Adjusting the cutter installation position
Adjust so that the upper thread scissors (2) and the cutter (1) do not touch when the cutter (1) is pushed down by hand.
If the upper thread scissors (2) extends below the cutter (1), pull the stop plate (3) forward and move the upper thread scissors
(2) to the left. (Fig. A → Fig. B)
1. Loosen the screw (5), and adjust the cutter Y direction using cutter holder DL (6) so that the clearance between the needle
bar (4) and the cutter (1) is 0.3 mm.
Note: ・When replacing the cutter, be careful not to allow the cutter to touch the needle bar because of any play in the
cutter installation position.
・Check that the needle bar (4) does not touch the cutter when it moves sideways.
2. Loosen the two bolts (7) and adjust the cutter X direction using cutter holder M (8) so that the cutter (1) goes into the center
of the cutter groove.
3. Loosen the bolt (9) and move the cutter holder (10) to adjust the direction of rotation.
4. Check that the edge of the cutter holder (10) is touching the stepped section of the cutter driving shaft (11), and then tighten
the bolt (9).
5. After adjusting, push the upper thread scissors (2) back to its original position (Fig. A).