7-12-3. Adjusting the lateral position of the upper thread scissors at the sewing start
1. Turn on the power and set the sewing machine to the home position. Then press the THREAD key to lower the work clamp.
2. Loosen the bolt (2), and then move the stopper (3) in and out to adjust so that the edge of the upper thread scissors
assembly (1) protrudes by approximately 1 mm from the center of the cutter.
Note: If the amount of protrusion of the upper thread scissors assembly is too great, the scissors may touch the needle
when they open.
3. After adjusting, carry out "7-12-8. Adjusting the upper thread scissors opening timing".
7-12-4. Adjusting the longitudinal position of the upper thread scissors
1. Turn off the power (with the feed mechanism at the home position), and then slowly move the trimmer driving arm (1)
forward until the upper thread scissors assembly (2) is at the position shown in the illustration.
2. Loosen the two screws (3), and then move the upper thread scissors assembly (2) back and forward to adjust so that the
front ridge line of upper thread scissors U (4) is aligned with the edge of the needle hole.
Note: If this adjustment is not carried out, it may result in thread trimming errors or needle breakages.
Approx. 1 mm