Problems When Using Modules from Other Manufacturers
The PC crashes during power up.
The following causes are possible:
– Double assignment of I/O addresses
– Double assignment of hardware interrupts and/or DMA channels
– Signal frequencies or signal levels are not met
– Different connector assignments
Check your computer configuration:
S If the computer configuration is the same as when your PC was delivered,
please contact your technical support team.
S If the computer configuration has changed, reestablish the configuration you
had when your PC was delivered. Remove any modules from other
manufacturers. Perform a complete restart on your PC.
– If the PC still crashes, you must contact your technical support team.
– If the error no longer occurs, the module you used from another
manufacturer was the cause of the fault. Replace this module with a
Siemens module, or contact the module supplier.
SIMATIC Box PC 840 Manual