To restore the partitions to their original condition, please do the following:
1. To boot from the Recovery CD proceed as follows: When the message
Press <F2> to enter Setup
appears on the screen press the ESC key. After initialization a boot menu to
select the boot options is displayed.
2. Select "ATAPI CD-ROM Drive".
3. When "Microsoft Windows 98 Startup Menu" is displayed, select
"2. Boot for FDISK, FORMAT or Windows NT Setup".
4. Start the Microsoft Windows 98 hard disk configuration program with
"A:\>FDisk" (A is the CD-ROM drive).
Select the dialog box for enable large disk support for installing a FAT16 parti-
tion "activate support (Y/N)...? [ N ] " for No.
5. Create a primary DOS-Partition of 2045 MB for a FAT 16 file system. Answer
the question "Do you wish to use the maximum available size..." for a 2045 MB
FAT16 partition with [Y] for Yes.
6. In order to continue with the next step "Create a Save to Disk Partition" the pri-
mary partition needs to be formatted.
Use the Recovery CD to boot as described in steps 1 to 3 above and then for-
mat drive C: with the program "Format".
Type: "A:\>Format C:".
The creation of NTFS partitions is done under the Windows NT setup program.
Starting the Windows NT setup is described in chapter 8.2.1.
SIMATIC Box PC 840 Manual
Reinstallation of the Software