Setting Up and Operating the SIMATIC Box PC 840
Connecting the Printer to the Serial Port
You can also connect your printer to the SIMATIC Box PC using a serial COM port.
You will find information on how to adapt and set your port and which connecting
cable you require in the description of your printer.
You connect external multisynchronous monitors using the standard
VGA connector on the right-hand panel side of the unit. We recommend that you
use a Siemens monitor.
You must switch the SIMATIC Box PC off before connecting the monitor cable. You
will find further information about the connector pinout in Chapter 7.
Figure 3-8 Connecting the Monitor
Proceed as follows to connect your monitor:
1. Separate the Box PC from the mains and switch the monitor off.
2. Insert the monitor lead in the VGA socket.
3. Screw down the plug.
4. Connect the monitor cable to the monitor.
5. Reconnect the Box PC to the mains and switch the monitor on.
6. Make the necessary changes in the SETUP program
(Menu > Main > Hardware Options "CRT enabled", "LCD enabled"
If you want to set higher clock frequencies and resolutions, first make sure that the
monitor you are using is suitable for a higher clock frequency and resolution.
If the clock frequency is too high, this can cause damage to the monitor.
SIMATIC Box PC 840 Manual