Setting Up and Operating the SIMATIC Box PC 840
Unpacking and Checking the Scope of Delivery
Unpacking the SIMATIC Box PC 840
Unpack your SIMATIC Box PC 840 as follows:
1. Remove the Box PC from the packaging.
2. Do not throw the original packing away. Keep it in case you have to transport
the unit again sometime in the future.
3. Please keep the documentation in a safe place. It is required during the initial
start up and is part of the device.
4. Check the packing and its contents for any shipping or transport damage.
5. Check with the packing list to make sure no components are missing. Also
check the accessory parts, which you can order separately.
6. Please inform your local dealer of any shipping or transport damages and of
outstanding items indicated on the packing list.
Recording the Serial Number and the Ethernet address
7. Enter the serial number and the Ethernet address of your PC in the table
below. You can find the serial number on the type label on the fan side. The
Ethernet address can be found in the BIOS setup settings in the main menu
under the 'Hardware Options' function.
The device can precisely be identified with the help of these numbers in case of
repairs or theft.
Enter the Microsoft Windows "Product Key" from the "Certificate of
8. Enter the Microsoft Windows "Product Key" from the "Certificate of Authenticity"
(COA) in the table. You will find the "Product Key" on the device. You need the
Windows "Product Key" if you want to reinstall the operating system.
Microsoft Windows Product Key
SIMATIC Box PC 840 Manual