Installing the Recovery CD for Microsoft Windows XP
This CD contains encoded files which can only be transferred to a SIEMENS
Data transfer is made with the OEMSETUP.EXE program on the CD ROM, or after
booting from the CD ROM with the recovery function.
After transferring the required data to the hard disk, the operating system can be
installed using the Windows XP Professional setup program.
Windows XP Professional Installation Sequence
If a Windows operating system is already installed or if the PC has been started
with a user created bootdisk, data transfer takes place using the OEMSETUP.EXE
program. To do this, start the OEMSETUP.EXE program on the Recovery CD and
continue the sequence as of point 5.
If there is no operating system installed, then please do the following:
1. Insert the Recovery CD in the CD-ROM drive and reboot the system.
2. To boot from the CD proceed as follows: When the BIOS message
Press <F2> to enter Setup
appears on the screen press the ESC key. After intialization a boot menu to
select the boot options is displayed.
3. Select "ATAPI CD ROM Drive".
4. When "Microsoft Windows 98 Startup Menu" is displayed, select
"1. Boot for CD-Recovery".
If the hard disk has not been installed, first select "2. Boot for FDISK, FORMAT
or Windows-Setup (Section 8.1).
5. You have to acknowledge the "SIEMENS End User License Agreement" with
the F8 function key. Pressing ESC allows you to decline the agreement and
cancels the installation.
6. In the next screen you can select the components which are to be copied from
the CD to the hard disk. Transfer of at least the folder "I386" is necessary for
the Windows XP installation or setup.
7. Select the drive for data transfer. The selected drive is not the installation drive
for Windows. For the Windows setup, you need an available disk space of
approximately 1500 MB on the installation drive for Windows.
By default, drive C: is used for the data transfer (Recovery).
Ensure that there is an available disk space of approximately 1500 MB left on
drive C: after the selected recovery data have been copied.
8. Confirm the end message box.
SIMATIC Box PC 840 Manual
Reinstallation of the Software