Removal and Installation of the Device Fan
The SIMATIC Box PC 840 is cooled by means of a fan which draws hot air out of
1. Open the housing as described in Section 4.1.
2. Pull off the fan cable connector on the motherboard.
3. The fan is secured to the housing by four plastic rivets. Undo the rivets by
pressing out the gudgeon from the rear of the rivet shank.
4. Remove the fan.
5. Undo the four plastic rivets on the plate with the guide rails.
6. Proceed in the reverse order for assembly.
Figure 4-18 Removal and Installation of the Fan
Only a fan of the same type may be fitted!
To ensure that the device is adequately cooled, take care that the running direction
of the fan is correct when installing.
Ensure that the arrow on the fan points to the housing wall.
SIMATIC Box PC 840 Manual
SIMATIC Box PC 840 Expansions