8.3 HOW TO UPDATE DISPLAY PORT FIRMWARE
1. Preparation of Tools
1. Activate the "ISPUtility xxxxxxxx.exe" file to install the ISP
On each screen, select "Next" until the installation wizard
2. Activate the "CGProbe Redistributable xxxx.exe" file.
On each screen, select "Next" until the wizard is finished.
3. Place the following files in the designated paths:
C:¥Program Files¥Genesis Microchip¥ISP Utility¥
C:¥Program Files¥Genesis Microchip¥ISP Utility¥Isp¥safe-lite
Note: If you changed the program installation path, the
above-mentioned paths may be different.
1. Connect the PC with the Media Receiver (MR) or Panel
(Display), using an RS-232C straight cable.
2. Set the connected MR or Panel to Standby mode.
3. Disconnect the DP cable.
4. Start up the program for sending RS-232C commands:
Baud rate: 9600
COM port: Select, according to the environment of the PC.
5. Send the "UFW" command. Check that the red and blue
6. Issue a command corresponding to the firmware to be
[In a case where the DP firmware on the MR is updated]
Issue the "DPT" command.
[In a case where the DP firmware on the display is updated]
Issue the "DPR" command.
7. With the program for sending RS-232C commands,
terminate the connection.
8. Start up the ISP Utility program and set up the ISP
Flash Device: S25FL016A
Image: Select the ".hex" file to write to.
When "Serial" is selected in the "Connection" box, selection
of Com ports is enabled. Click on "Settings" then select a
Com port, according to the environment of the PC.
9. After all necessary settings are completed, click on
Start to start updating.
10. When the following message is displayed, click on OK.
11. The current status is displayed in the "Status" box.
When "ISP Successful" is displayed, updating is
12. Terminate the utility program and turn the MR or display
off then back on again.
With the program for sending RS-232C commands,
reestablish the connection. Then send the command for
Command for version check With the MR: QSE
Command for version check with the display: QSB
13. Check that the version has been properly updated.
This completes the updating procedures.