This section provides information to help you diagnose and solve various problems
that may arise while configuring or using your Simon XT.
To clear Status (alarm memory), from a disarmed state press Status, listen to the
status message, and then press Disarm.
If the panel displays and announces Siren 1 Failure:
• Turn the hardwired siren supervision option off if a hardwired siren or sensor is
• Check for the correct end-of-line resistor in the HW1 I/O circuit.
If the panel displays and announces Low Battery:
• Check that the panel backup battery is connected.
• Check the panel backup battery voltage. If less than 5.4 volts, replace the battery
and clear the system status message.
• Run a sensor test.
If the panel displays and announces RF Jam, the control panel has detected RF
If the panel displays and announces that a sensor is open, see "Sensors" on page 31.
If the display shows Set Time and announces System Time is Not Set, set the
If the panel displays and announces Invalid, the sensor is already programmed.
Delete the sensor if not programmed correctly.
If the panel does not beep, turn on the piezo beeps option.
If the latchkey does not function:
• The latchkey time may not be set. Set the latchkey time option.
• The latchkey may not be enabled. Enable the latchkey by pressing Motions twice.
• The phone number may not be programmed properly. Reprogram the phone
• The system time may not be set. Set the system time.
If a sensor does not work:
• Make sure the battery is good and installed correctly.
• Check for interference from metal objects. Move or rotate the sensor.
• Move the sensor to a new location.
Simon XT Installation Manual