Rating (Child protection)
Some DVD contain information concerning the target
group. This method is comparable with the rating of
cinema films ("Suitable only for persons of 12 years and
If you have the child protection option activated a prob-
ably existing corresponding information is read from the
DVD and compared with the value pre-set by you. If a
DVD is intended for an older age group than the one pre-
set by you, the DVD cannot be played. You can select the
following options for child protection after unlocking the
• Kid Safe: Suitable for children.
• G: Suitable for all age groups.
• PG: The presence of parents is recommended. Some
scenes may be unsuitable for children.
• PG 13: The presence of parents is strictly recommend-
ed. Some scenes may be unsuitable for children under
the age of 13.
• PGR: The presence of parents is strictly necessary.
• R: Young persons under the age of 17 may only view
this film in the presence of an adult.
• NC17: Children and juveniles under the age of 17 are
not allowed to watch this film.
• Adult: The film must only be watched by adults.
Select the command "Default/Restore" if you want to re-
set the player to the factory implemented default settings.
Any settings you have made will be lost.
You can make various language settings here:
• OSD language: Here you can select the language of
the onscreen displays.
• Audio language: Here you can select the preferred
language for the audio output.
• Subtitle language: Here you can select the preferred
language for the subtitles accompanying the film.
• Menu language: Here you can select the preferred
language for the DVD menus.
You can make various settings to adjust the video signal.
• Hue (NTSC only)
Change the characteristics of the speaker output:
• LT/RT: Choose this setting if you want to play the DVD
with the Pro Logic Dolby stereo effect. This produces a
almost real 2-channel replay effect.
• Stereo: Choose this setting if you want to play a
DVD,that has been produced in the 5.1-Audio format,
as 2-channel stereo sound.
• VSS: Use this setting to simulate surround playback.