1.HANDLING COMPACT DISCS MOISTURE CONDENSATION On a rainy day or in a very damp area, moisture may condense on the lenses inside the unit. Should this occur, the unit will not operate properly. In such a case, remove the disc and wait for about an hour until the moisture has evaporated.
2.INSTALLATION Before finally installing the unit, connect the wiring temporarily and make sure it is all connected up properly and the unit and system work properly. Use only the parts included with the unit to ensure proper installation. The use of unauthorized parts can cause malfunctions.
Removing the unit a. Frame b. Insert fingers into the groove in the front of frame and pull out to remove the frame. (When re-attaching the frame, point the side with a groove down wards and attach it.) c. Insert the levers supplied with the unit into the grooves at both sides of the unit as shown in figure until they click.
3.DETACHABLE CONTROL PANEL (D.C.P .) Removing The Detachable Control Panel (D.C.P .). RELEASE 1. Turn the Power off. BUTTON 2. Press the Panel Release Button. D.C.P . 3. Remove the D.C.P . Attaching the Detachable Control panel (D.C.P .) 1. Insert the right side of the D.C.P .
4.WIRING DIAGRAM (20 PIN + ISO + SMALL CONNECTOR) ANTENNA JACK ANTENNA EXTENDER CABLE FUSE 20-PIN AUDIO/POWER HARNESS RCA-TO-RCA CABLES (not supplied) WHITE REAR LINE OUT GREY AMPLIFIER WIRING (SEE AMPLIFIER INSTRUCTIONS) CONNECTOR (See Figure 2) Figure 2 ISO CONNECTOR 4PIN+8PIN FEMALE WITH MALE TERMINAL ISO CONNECTOR WIRING CHART WIRE COLOR...
WARNING: A) The pin arrangement for the ISO connectors depends on the type of vehicle you drive. Make sure to make the prope connection to prevent damage to the unit. B) Make sure all the connectors are properly & tightly plug in before installation. The default connection for wiring harness is as described in 1 below.
5.FUNCTION OF CONTROL(RDS & MP3 MODEL) A. FUNCTION OF PANEL USB/MP3 PLAYER CS MP 530 IR DISP MODE MENU 1. POWER BUTTON 2. ENCODER VOLUME BUTTON 3. DISPLAY BUTTON 4. AUDIO/MENU BUTTON / MP3 ENTER BUTTON 5. PANEL RELEASE BUTTON 6.
6.GENERAL OPERATION(RDS MODEL) 1) POWER BUTTON Press power button to turn on/off the unit. 4) MENU BUTTON You can operate the following function through MENU button. A. AUDIO OPERATION press MENU button for less than 1 second to open the Audio menu. press MENU repeatedly to navigate through the following functions: VOLUME (VOL) ->...
- BEEP MODE (BEEP ON / OFF) BEEP OFF: disable audible beep tone when any function is accessed. BEEP ON: enable audible beep tone. - SEEK MODE (SEEK 1 / SEEK 2) You can choose from Seek tuning mode 1 & mode 2 by using Volume Control. While the desired Seek tuning mode is selected, the following operations can be performed: SEEK1: Press the Tuning Up / Down Button briefly to increase or decrease the frequency by 1 step size.
16) SCAN BUTTON(SCAN) Press this button, the radio will tune up to search stations, the available stations will blinking and stay on the display for a few seconds. 9) AUTO MEMORY STORE / PRESET SCAN BUTTON (AMS) PRESET SCAN: press AMS button for less than 1 second to scan all preset stations in the memories of the current band and stay on each memory stations for about 5 seconds.
6) TA BUTTON(TRAFFIC ANNOUNCEMENT) When pressed short, it is activated as TA mode on or off When TA mode is on and traffic announcement is transmittude - When the unit is in CD mode, it will switch to radio mode temporarily. - If the volume lever was under the threshold point, it will be raised to the threshold point.
7.CD OPERATIONS LOADING THE CD Press the Panel Fold Down Button to fold down the front panel, insert the disc through CD slot, the disc will be automatically loaded and playback will also start. CD EJECT BUTTON Press this button to eject the CD. Since this button is located behind the front panel, fold down the panel before accessing this button.
PLEASE READ THIS INSTRUCTION CAREFULLY BEFORE OPERATING THE UNIT 8. USB DRIVE OPERATIONS COMPATIBILITY Due to the fast changing technology world, this unit may or may not be compatible to all the USB drive / device available with all the future technology, especially those USB drive / device which require to install a driver.
WARNING 1) Please never try to fold down the front panel when there is an USB drive / device is plugged in on the front panel. This will cause permanent & serious damage to the unit & USB drive / device. (P . 4) 2) Please never intentionally or accidentally hit on the USB drive / device when it is plugged in.
9. SD/MMC OPERATIONS PLAYING MP3 FILE FROM SD/MMC CARD 1) Press open button to fold down the front panel.(P .1) 2) The SD/MMC card slot is located on top of the front panel near the right side. 3) Insert the SD / MMC card into the card slot in the correct direction until a “CLICK”...
10.MP3 OPERATIONS(CD-R/CD-RW/SD/MMC/USB FILES) - An MP3 directory is shown in this manual as “Folder”, and an MP3 file is shown as “Track”. - Maximum length of track name : 16 characters - Maximum length of folder name : 16 characters - Maximum depth of folder levels : 8 - Maximum number of tracks per disc : 448 - Maximum number of folders per disc : 128...
4. Searching by character This model also has song name (character) search function for MP3 disc playback, Press MP3 search button three times until “CHAR SCH” is shown on display, then press Enter button once, character “A ” blinks, use volume up or down to select desired character (1st letter), press Enter button to confirm your choice and second character “A ”...
11.STEERING WHEEL REMOTE 1. Replacing Battery In order to ensure proper functioning of the steering wheel remote control. Please make sure only use 2 x AAA type battery. If the device to be controlled no longer responds to any key press even under favourable circumstances or the device to be controlled indicates a weak battery, please replace the battery of the remote control.
12.SPECIFICATIONS CD PLAYER Compact disc audio system System Compact disc Usable disc 44.1KHz Sampling frequency 1bit No of quantization bits 5-20,000Hz Frequency 2 stereo Number of channels 70dB S/N Ratio RADIO SECTION 87.5 - 108 Mhz Frequency Range 10.7 MHz Intermediate Frequency Better than 15dB at S/N 30 dB Usable Sensitivity...
13.TROUBLE SHOOTING Before going through the check list, check wiring connection. If any of the problems persist after check list has been made, consult your nearest service dealer. Symptom Cause Solution If the power supply is properly connected No power The car ignition is not on.