Thank you for choosing our product. We hope you enjoy
using our product.
Read the operating instructions carefully before putting
the appliance into operation and keep the instructions
including the warranty, the receipt and, if possible, the
box with the internal packing.
• Use the device only for the intended purpose.
• The device should be installed in such a way that exist-
ing ventilation holes are not covered.
• Never open the housing of the device. Incorrect repairs
can constitute a considerable risk for the user. If the
device is damaged it should not be used, but repaired
by a specialist.
These symbols may be found on the machine and are
intended to indicate the following:
The symbol with an exclamation mark should
advise the user of important operation or
maintenance instructions in the accompany-
Devices bearing this symbol work with a "class
1 laser" for tracing the CD/DVD. The built-
in safety switches should prevent the user
being exposed to dangerous laser light, which
is invisible to the human eye, when the CD
compartment is opened.
Under no circumstances should these safety switches be
bypassed or manipulated, as this could result in a danger
of exposure to the laser light.
Symbols in these Instructions for Use
Important information for your safety is specially marked.
It is essential to comply with these instructions in order to
avoid accidents and prevent damage to the machine:
This warns you of dangers to your health and indicates
possible injury risks.
This refers to possible hazards to the machine or other
NOTE: This highlights tips and information.
Children and Frail Individuals
• In order to ensure your children's safety, please keep all
packaging (plastic bags, boxes, polystyrene etc.) out of
Caution! Do not allow small children to play with the
foil as there is a danger of suffocation!
• Road safety is of paramount importance. You should
therefore use your car radio at all times in such a
way that you are able to cope with the current traf-
• Please remember that at a speed of 30 mph (50 kph)
you travel 15 yards (14 metres) in one second.
• We advise you not to operate the radio in critical
• It must be possible to hear the sirens of police and
fire brigade vehicles etc. from inside the vehicle in
• When driving you should therefore not turn the
radio volume up excessively.
• For safety reasons a lock connected to the hand-
brake of the vehicle prevents certain functions of the
device from operating when the vehicle is moving. In
order to be able to use these functions please stop in
a safe place and put on the handbrake.
• Please note that it is not permitted to operate the
DVD player when the vehicle is moving or if the
engine is running!
• In order to avoid serious road accidents, the device
should be installed in such a way that you are not
hindered when operating the steering wheel, gear
• Similarly, safety aspects such as airbags and your
clear view of the road must not be obstructed either
• Under no circumstances should any additional
monitor that is connected be installed in such a way
that it can be seen by the driver when the vehicle is
Safety Information when installing
and connecting the radio
• First disconnect the minus pole and then the plus pole
of the battery. (connection in the reverse order.)
Please note: Once the battery has been disconnec-
ted the information is lost from all volatile memory.
Please note the safety information provided by the
• The main fuse must be installed as closely as possible
(not more than 30 cm away) to the plus pole of the
battery so that the car is protected from any cable fire
caused, for example, by an accident. If the above is
not complied with the insurance protection no longer