NOTICE: Do not confuse the modem and network connectors on your computer. Do not
plug a telephone line into the network connector.
For information on using the integrated NIC, see the online NIC documentation supplied with your computer.
To access this documentation, double-click the Dell Documents icon on the Windows desktop, click
System Information, and then click Communications.
You can connect a TV with an S-Video connector to your computer. Figure 7 shows the location of the S-
Figure 7. Connecting a TV
To connect your computer to a TV, follow these guidelines:
If your TV uses an S-Video cable for video input:
1. Connect the S-Video cable to your computer's S-Video TV-out connector (see Figure 7).
2. Connect the other end to your TV's S-Video connector.
Connecting the S-Video cable that came with your TV to the TV's S-Video connector
and to the computer's S-Video TV-out connector allows your computer to play video
on the TV.
If your TV uses a composite video cable for video input:
1. Connect the composite TV-out adapter cable that came with your computer to your
computer's S-Video TV-out connector (see Figure 7).
2. Connect the other end of the composite TV-out adapter cable to your TV's composite video
3. Connect the composite video cable to your TV's composite video connector.
You need both the composite TV-out adapter cable that came with your computer and the
composite video cable that came with your TV. Connecting these cables together, then