Second hard-disk drive
To make the computer as light as possible, use the travel module in the modular bay in place of any of the
Swapping Devices While the Computer Is Off
1. Save and close any open files, exit any open programs, and shut down the computer.
2. If the computer is connected (docked) to an Advanced Port Replicator (APR) or docking station,
3. Close the display and turn the computer over.
4. Slide and hold the latch release, and pull the device out of the bay.
NOTICE: To prevent damage to devices, place them in a travel case when they are not
inserted in the computer. Store devices in a dry, safe place, and avoid pressing down
on them or placing heavy objects on top of them.
NOTICE: Insert devices before you dock and turn on the computer.
5. Insert the new device into the bay, and push it until you hear a click.
6. Turn the computer over and open the display.
7. Turn on the computer.
2 Modular bay latch