If the problem still exists after you complete the basic checks, fill out the
1. Click the Start button, and select Shut Down.
2. In the Shut Down window, select Restart the Computer.
3. Click Yes.
Your computer shuts down and restarts.
4. When you see the Dell logo, press <F2> to enter the system setup program.
The system setup program screen appears.
5. Press the right- or left-arrow key to select the Main menu.
6. Press the down-arrow key to scroll down to Televison Type.
Either NTSC or PAL is highlighted.
7. To change your selection, press <F6>.
NOTE: The function key tasks may be different for your particular
system setup program. Be sure to check the function key menu at the
bottom of your system setup screen.
8. To save your selection, press <F10>.
9. The Setup Confirmation window appears.
10. Select Yes and press <Enter>.
The computer shuts down and restarts.
NOTE: For more information on connecting a TV to your computer, see
If using external speakers:
Verify the speaker cable connections.
Test the electrical outlet. Verify that the speakers are connected to a
working electrical outlet. Ensure that the speakers are turned on.
Eliminate possible interference. Turn off nearby fans, fluorescent lights, or
halogen lamps to check for interference from those devices.
Adjust the volume.
Reinstall the audio driver
as you perform the following steps:
1. Insert your ResourceCD into the CD-ROM drive, reboot the computer, and run
the Misc. PCI Devices device group in the Dell Diagnostics. The Misc. PCI
Devices device group checks the functionality of the audio controller.
2. Do the tests complete successfully?
Yes. The controller is functioning properly. If the problem persists, call Dell
for technical assistance.
for your operating system.