Adjust the brightness —
Press <Fn> and the up- or down-arrow key.
Move the external subwoofer away from the computer or monitor —
the subwoofer is at least 60 cm (2 ft) away from the computer or external monitor.
Eliminate possible interference —
Rotate the computer to face a different direction —
Adjust the Windows display settings —
1. Click the Start button and then click Control Panel.
2. Click Appearance and Themes.
3. Click the area you want to change or click the Display icon.
4. Try different settings for Color quality and Screen resolution.
Run the Video diagnostics tests —
run the Video device group in the
See "Error Messages" —
If an error message appears, see
If only part of the display is readable
Connect an external monitor —
1. Shut down your computer and connect an external monitor to the computer.
2. Turn on the computer and the monitor and adjust the monitor brightness and contrast controls.
If the external monitor works, the computer display or video controller may be defective.
Back to Contents Page
Turn off nearby fans, fluorescent lights, halogen lamps, or other appliances.
Eliminate sunlight glare, which can cause poor picture quality.
If no error message appears and you still have a display problem, but the display is not completely blank,
If your external speaker system includes a subwoofer, ensure that