GE SmartHome ™ IntelliCorder Camera System User’s Guide 45227-1 07/17/06...
Congratulations With the GE branded IntelliCorder, you can monitor the entrance of any home or business and safely answer your door before opening. The internal Digital Video Recorder (DVR), can capture the video/audio of any visitor even when you are not present.
Parts Checklist Identify all parts before proceeding with installation Adjustment Tool Clock Battery (installed in IntelliCorder) IntelliCorder Rechargeable Battery Charger Battery T-Shaped Lock-Screw Camera with PIR sensor and double-side tape Support tubes (2 sizes) Mounting Bracket...
Things You Should Know FCC Warning Any unauthorized changes or modifications to the equipment would void the users authority to operate. This IntelliCorder complies with part 15 of the FCC rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: 1. The IntelliCorder may not cause harmful interference 2.
you feel the IntelliCorder may not be performing correctly, contact customer service for assistance. . Motion Detection – The PIR motion sensor will NOT detect motion through glass storm doors, screen doors or metal gates. 4. Camera faceplate care – Do not clean the lens with strong or abrasive detergents.
Features Monitor and Sensor Front 1. LCD Screen - 1.5” LTPS LCD 2. Speaker - play back the audio sound of recorded file in PLAY mode . SD Card Insert Slot 4. Battery Cover 5. Microphone 6. Motion-activated Sensor – detects motion up to 6.5 feet (2 meters) Control Panel away and from a horizontal angle of...
Operation Indicators 1. New Message Light Indicator (Green) 2. Full Memory Light Indicator (Red) . Key Light Guide (Blue) – illuminates when user presses any button 4. Low Battery Light Indicator (Red) Preparation Charging CAMERA Battery Charge Battery fully before use 1.
The rechargeable battery can last up to two years. If operation time becomes very short even after a sufficient charge, discard Battery properly and contact Customer Service to purchase a replacement battery. • If the battery will not be used for a long period of time, it will need to be fully charged, then fully discharged for storage.
To Remove Battery tab down to unlock battery. The battery is spring-loaded and will 1. Press and slide the battery eject out. cover downward. The cover is . Once the battery has been spring-loaded and will open up removed, press the cover down horizontally.
To avoid Battery damage: CLOCK Battery Installation The IntelliCorder’s internal clock • Do not drop or jar Battery operates on a CR2032 lithium flat cell battery (included). To replace battery • Use Battery with the IntelliCorder only when expired: • If Battery is used in extremely high 1.
Installation Choose a Mounting Location The IntelliCorder is designed to mount on a smooth, flat door surface. Select a door/entrance you wish to monitor. The recommended mounting height is approximately 5 - 6 feet. At this height, the PIR sensor detects motion up to 6.5 feet (2 meters) away, with a viewing angle up to 125 degrees.
3. Feed the ribbon cable through the mounting hole of the mounting bracket. Position the Mounting Bracket over the peep hole opening on the inside of your door. 4. Feed the ribbon cable through the support tube. Place the Support tube through the Mounting Bracket into the peep hole and screw onto the PIR tube .
6. To activate clock battery, pull the insulator tab from the back side of Monitor. 7. Position the slot located at the top edge of the IntelliCorder onto the top tab of the Mounting Bracket. Next, fit the slot located at the bottom edge of the IntelliCorder onto the lower tab of the mounting bracket.
SD Card (not included) For increased recording time, data (Video files) can be stored onto standard SD memory cards. Data from the IntelliCorder’s internal memory can also be downloaded to an SD card. The IntelliCorder accepts SD memory cards up to 1GB. SD Card Insertion/Removal 1.
Operating Modes mode. For longer recording time you can use SD memory cards up to 1GB The system can be set to operate in (see page 26). If a SD memory card is one of three modes: RECORD, LIVE or PLAY.
PIR Sensor activation may not occur when: • Motion is very slow or very fast. • Moving object is very small. • Motion occurs only in 1 corner of viewing area. Note: The PIR sensor will not detect motion through a glass storm door, screen door or metal gate.
1. Set MODE switch to LIVE. blink on/off. This indicates you should 2. A sensor capture icon will appear. replace the memory card or clear the 3. When activated, the PIR system memory. The IntelliCorder can also be will monitor the surrounding area in set to auto-erase.
• To Pan (in Zoom mode only) Hold 20 05/01 /03 20 05/01 /06 20 05 /01 /01 to pan to desired position 12 :0 0 :00 12 :0 0 :00 12 :0 0 :00 When the video is paused/stopped •...
Video File Auto Delete Enable Battery Status Playback status Full Power Level Video stop 66% Power Level Video Playing 33% Power Level Video Pause Empty 21/28 SD card Status Current File / Total File Present and Valid Present but Locked 2005/01/01 Movie Date and Time Playback Zoom Ratio...
RECORD/ LIVE Mode Menu Screen Select Movie (Resolution) Quality Select White balance EV Set Up - Select Exposure Compensation Choose Auto Off in 5 seconds or 10 seconds Enable/Disable Auto Delete Function Enter Setup Mode Movie Quality You can select the Movie quality mode in video recording. The default setting is Standard Play.
Adjust White Balance White balance adjustment can make subjects look washed out or it can allow more natural color balance for video recording. Normally, white balance is automatically adjusted. You can obtain different results by adjusting the white balance manually to fit your actual living environment. Auto Sunlight Cloudy...
6. Press OK to confirm the selected quality and go back to the previous menu. Press menu to return to live mode. 7. Note: You can press the MENU button anytime during setting to cancel the selection and go back to the previous menu Choose Auto Off 5 seconds 10 seconds...
PLAY Mode Menu Screen E ra se T hi s Erase a Single Video File. Erase All Video Files Adjust Volume Level Enter Setup Mode Go back to Thumbnail Mode Erase This 1. Set MODE switch to PLAY and ensure the LCD is on 2.
Adjust Volume 1. Set MODE switch to PLAY and ensure the LCD is on Volume 2. Press MENU button to enter Menu mode 3. Use to move to Volume setting 4. Press OK to enter the setting mode 5. Use to adjust your desired sound level 6.
4. Use to move to LCD Brightness. Adjust LCD Press OK to enter Brightness 5. Use to reduce the brightness value or to increase it 6. Press OK to confirm the selected quality and go back to the previous menu. Press menu to return to live mode.
7. Note: You can press the MENU button anytime during setting to cancel the selection and go back to the previous menu Copy Files to SD Card The Copy Files function can be used to copy St ar t C opy ing Files all video files at once from internal memory f ro m inte r na l M em ory to SD card.
7. After setting, press OK to save changes and go back to previous menu 8. During setting, press MENU button to cancel selection and go back to previous menu Choose Language L a ngu a ge 1. Press MENU button to enter Menu mode 2. Use ...
Firmware Version Occasionally, software updates/improvements may become available. The IntelliCorder has the ability to load new software. Check the website periodically to find out if new software versions are available. Instructions to download from the web site and upload to the IntelliCorder can also be found on the web site. You can also contact Customer Service for any questions at 1-800- 654-8483 1.
Download Video To download video images directly from a SD memory card to your PC, a Multimedia or SD card reader compatible with your computer is required. Your IntelliCorder compresses video data into AVI format. Typical video data file name Root: folder <DCIM>...
Trouble Shooting Cont. SYMPTOM REMEDIES The power goes off The Battery is dead or nearly dead • Recharge battery The AUTO RECORD function There is no AUTO RECORD in the does not work LIVE, PLAY or menu settings. • Set MODE to RECORD The battery remaining indicator You have used the Battery in an extremely does not indicate the correct time...
Specifications Input Power: Charger 100-240V AC, 50/60Hz Battery Rechargeable Lithium Polymer Type DC 3.7V Video Recording Camera 1/5” CMOS, Approx. 300,000 pixels LCD: 1.5 inch Color S/D LPTS (557 x 324) File Type: Video Format: MPEG 4 Operating Temperature: 32F ~ 122F (0C ~ 50C) Operating Humidity: 10% ~ 85 % Weight:...
1 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY: Jasco Products Company warrants this product to be free from manufacturing defects for a period of 1 year from the original date of consumer purchase. This warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of this product only and does not extend to consequential or incidental damage to other products that may be used with this unit.