Printing and queue management
Parallel RIP processing
Resource based scheduling
Resource Based scheduling is the default setting on the Xerox
Freeflow Print Server. It schedules jobs only as the resources
available to run them become available.
To set Resource Based scheduling, perform the following:
1. Select [Setup] on the main menu.
2. Select [System Preferences].
3. Under Scheduling Mode, click Resource Based Scheduling.
NOTE: See the Online Help for detailed procedures.
The operator can choose to enable or disable parallel RIP. If VI
Object Cache is enabled then Parallel RIP is automatically
disabled. Likewise if Parallel RIP is enabled then VI Object Cache
The Xerox Freeflow Print Server processes the workflow in the
1. Is the first job eligible for Parallel RIPing? If yes, the Xerox
Freeflow Print Server processes the job using all the available
Parallel RIPs and no additional jobs can be processed.
2. If no, the Xerox Freeflow Print Server routes the first job
through a single RIP.
3. The Xerox Freeflow Print Server determines whether the next
job is eligible for parallel RIPing.
4. If yes, the Xerox Freeflow Print Server processes the job using
all the remaining RIPs. No other job can be RIPed until one of
the jobs is completed.
5. If no, the Xerox Freeflow Print Server routes the job through
the next single RIP path. The Print Server continues through