9-cell, 2.80-Ah (93-Wh) Li-ion battery
6-cell, 2.40-Ah (53-Wh) Li-ion battery
Before removing the battery, follow these steps:
1. Shut down the computer.
2. Disconnect all external devices connected to the computer.
3. Disconnect the power from the computer by first unplugging the power cord from the AC outlet, and then
unplugging the AC adapter from the computer.
Remove the battery:
1. Close the display and turn the computer upside down on a flat surface.
2. Slide the battery lock 1 to unlock the battery.
3. Slide the battery release latch 2 to release the battery.
The battery release latch automatically returns to its original position.
4. Raise the battery and remove it from the battery bay 3.
Install the battery by aligning the tabs on the battery with the notches on the outer edge of the battery bay, and then
lowering the battery into the battery bay until it is seated. Slide the battery lock to lock the battery into place.
Maintenance and Service Guide
Removal and replacement procedures
Spare part number