Removal and replacement procedures
Power connector cable
Power connector cable (includes bracket)
Before removing the power connector cable, follow these steps:
1. Shut down the computer.
2. Disconnect all external devices connected to the computer.
3. Disconnect the power from the computer by first unplugging the power cord from the AC outlet, and then
unplugging the AC adapter from the computer.
4. Remove the battery (see
5. Remove the following components:
a. Memory module compartment cover (see
b. Top cover (see
c. Processor fan/heat sink assembly (see
Remove the power connector cable:
1. Disconnect the power connector cable 1 from the system board.
2. Remove the two Phillips PM2.0×3.0 screws 2 that secure the power connector bracket and power connector to
the base enclosure.
3. Remove the power connector bracket 3.
4. Remove the power connector cable 4 from the base enclosure.
Reverse this procedure to install the power connector cable.
"Battery" on page
"Top cover" on page
"Processor fan/heat sink assembly" on page
"Expansion memory module" on page
Spare part number
Maintenance and Service Guide