Power button board and cable
Power button board and cable (includes double-sided tape)
Before removing the power button board and cable, follow these steps:
1. Shut down the computer.
2. Disconnect all external devices connected to the computer.
3. Disconnect the power from the computer by first unplugging the power cord from the AC outlet, and then
unplugging the AC adapter from the computer.
4. Remove the battery (see
5. Remove the following components:
a. Memory module compartment cover (see
b. Top cover (see
c. Processor fan/heat sink assembly (see
Remove the power button board and cable:
1. Disconnect the power button board cable 1 from the LIF connector on the system board.
2. Detach the power button board cable 2 and power button board 3 from the base enclosure. (The power button
board cable and power button board are attached to the base enclosure with double-sided tape.)
3. Remove the power button board and cable.
Reverse this procedure to install the power button board and cable.
Maintenance and Service Guide
"Battery" on page
"Top cover" on page
"Processor fan/heat sink assembly" on page
"Expansion memory module" on page
Removal and replacement procedures
Spare part number