Removal and replacement procedures
Before removing the speaker assembly, follow these steps:
1. Shut down the computer.
2. Disconnect all external devices connected to the computer.
3. Disconnect the power from the computer by first unplugging the power cord from the AC outlet, and then
unplugging the AC adapter from the computer.
4. Remove the battery (see
5. Remove the memory module compartment cover (see
6. Remove the top cover (see
Remove the speaker assembly:
1. Disconnect the speaker assembly cable 1 from the system board.
2. Remove the two Phillips PM2.0×4.0 screws 2 that secure the speaker assembly to the base enclosure.
3. Remove the speaker assembly 3.
Reverse this procedure to install the speaker assembly.
"Battery" on page
"Top cover" on page
"Expansion memory module" on page
Spare part number
Maintenance and Service Guide