RTC battery (includes double-sided tape)
Before removing the RTC battery, follow these steps:
1. Shut down the computer.
2. Disconnect all external devices connected to the computer.
3. Disconnect the power from the computer by first unplugging the power cord from the AC outlet, and then
unplugging the AC adapter from the computer.
4. Remove the battery (see
5. Remove the memory module compartment cover (see
6. Remove the top cover (see
Remove the RTC battery:
1. Disconnect the RTC battery cable 1 from the system board.
2. Detach the RTC battery 2 from the system board. (The RTC battery is attached to the system board with
3. Remove the RTC battery.
Reverse this procedure to install the RTC battery.
Maintenance and Service Guide
"Battery" on page
"Top cover" on page
Removal and replacement procedures
"Expansion memory module" on page
Spare part number