Removal and replacement procedures
Expansion memory module
4096-MB memory module (1066-MHz, PC3)
2048-MB memory module (1066-MHz, PC3)
Before removing the expansion memory module, follow these steps:
1. Shut down the computer.
2. Disconnect all external devices connected to the computer.
3. Disconnect the power from the computer by first unplugging the power cord from the AC outlet, and then
unplugging the AC adapter from the computer.
4. Remove the battery (see
Remove the expansion memory module:
1. Remove the three Phillips PM2.0×4.0 screws 1 that secure the memory module compartment cover to
2. Lift the rear edge of the memory module compartment cover 2 until it rests at an angle.
3. Remove the memory module compartment 3. The memory module compartment is included in the
Plastics Kit, spare part number 576847-001.
"Battery" on page
Spare part number
Maintenance and Service Guide