♦ BF-1A Body Cap
The BF-1A keeps the mirror, viewﬁ nder screen, and low-pass ﬁ lter
free of dust when no lens is mounted on the camera.
♦ ML-L3 Wireless Remote Control
The ML-L3 can be used to release the shutter remotely, without
touching the camera or attaching a cable. Use for self-portraits or
prevent blurring caused by camera shake.
• Nikon ﬁ lters can be divided into three types: screw-in, drop-in, and rear-
interchange. Use Nikon ﬁ lters; ﬁ lters man u fac tured by other makers
may interfere with au to fo cus or elec tron ic range ﬁ nd ing.
• The D70 can not be used with linear polarizing ﬁ lters. Use the C-PL
circular polarizing ﬁ lter instead.
• The NC and L37C ﬁ lters are recommended for pro tect ing the lens.
• When using an R60 ﬁ lter, set exposure compensation to +1.
• To prevent moiré, use of a ﬁ lter is not recommended when the sub-
ject is framed against a bright light, or when a bright light source is
in the frame.
• Color matrix and 3D color matrix metering may not produce the de-
sired results when used with ﬁ lters with an exposure factor (ﬁ lter fac-
tor) over 1 × (Y44, Y48, Y52, O56, R60, X0, X1, C-PL, ND2S, ND4S,
ND4, ND8S, ND8, ND400, A2, A12, B2, B8, B12). We recommend
center-weighted metering. For details, see the manual provided with
the ﬁ lter.
♦ EC-AD1 PC Card Adapter
The EC-AD1 PC card adapter allows Type I CompactFlash mem o ry
cards to be inserted in PCMCIA card slots.
♦ Nikon Capture 4 (Version 4.1 or Later)
Nikon Capture 4 version 4.1 or later can be used to capture photos to
a computer and to edit and save RAW images in other formats.
Use Only Nikon Brand Ac ces so ries
Only Nikon brand ac ces so ries cer ti ﬁ ed by Nikon spe ciﬁ cal ly for use with your Nikon
dig i tal cam era are engineered and proven to op er ate with in its op er a tion al and safety
HE USE OF NON
IKON WAR RAN TY
IKON AC CES SO RIES COULD DAMAGE YOUR CAM ERA AND MAY VOID YOUR