7. Install a new memory module:
a. Place the notched end of the new memory module toward the contact edge side of the memory slot.
Then, insert the new memory module into the memory slot at an angle of about 20 degrees
b. Pivot the memory module downward until it snaps into place
firmly installed in the memory slot and cannot be moved easily.
8. Turn over the computer and reinstall the nano-SIM-card tray.
9. Connect the ac power adapter and all disconnected cables to the computer.
M.2 solid-state drive
Before you start, read Generic Safety and Compliance Notices and print the following instructions.
Attention: If you replace a M.2 solid-state drive, you might need to install a new operating system..
The M.2 solid-state drive is sensitive. Inappropriate handling might cause damage and permanent loss of
When handling the M.2 solid-state drive, observe the following guidelines:
• Replace the M.2 solid-state drive only for upgrade or repair. The M.2 solid-state drive is not designed for
frequent changes or replacement.
• Before replacing the M.2 solid-state drive, make a backup copy of all the data that you want to keep.
• Do not apply pressure to the M.2 solid-state drive.
• Do not touch the contact edge or circuit board of the M.2 solid-state drive. Otherwise, the M.2 solid-state
drive might get damaged.
• Do not make the M.2 solid-state drive subject to physical shocks or vibration. Put the M.2 solid-state drive
on a soft material, such as cloth, to absorb physical shocks.
ThinkPad P15v Gen 1 and T15p Gen 1 User Guide
. Ensure that the memory module is