Chapter 6. CRU replacement
Customer Replaceable Units (CRUs) are parts that can be upgraded or replaced by the customer. The
computers contain the following types of CRUs:
• Self-service CRUs: Refer to parts that can be installed or replaced easily by customer themselves or by
trained service technicians at an additional cost.
• Optional-service CRUs: Refer to parts that can be installed or replaced by customers with a greater skill
level. Trained service technicians can also provide service to install or replace the parts under the type of
warranty designated for the customer's machine.
If you intend on installing a CRU, Lenovo will ship the CRU to you. CRU information and replacement
instructions are shipped with your product and are available from Lenovo at any time upon request. You
might be required to return the defective part that is replaced by the CRU. When return is required: (1) return
instructions, a prepaid shipping label, and a container will be included with the replacement CRU; and (2) you
might be charged for the replacement CRU if Lenovo does not receive the defective CRU within thirty (30)
days of your receipt of the replacement CRU. For full details, see the Lenovo Limited Warranty
The following is a list of CRUs of your computer.
• ac power adapter
• Power cord
• Nano-SIM-card tray*
• Base cover assembly
• Coin-cell battery
• Memory module
• M.2 solid-state drive
• Wireless WAN card*
* for selected models
Disable the built-in battery
Before replacing any CRU, ensure that you disable the built-in battery.
To disable the built-in battery:
1. Restart your computer. When the logo screen is displayed, immediately press F1 to enter the UEFI BIOS
2. Select Config ➙ Power. The Power submenu is displayed.
3. Select Disable Built-in Battery and press Enter.
© Copyright Lenovo 2020