Chapter 2. Get started with your computer
Get started with your desktop
Launch an app
• Use the super key (with the Windows logo) or open the Activities menu on the top left and type in the
name of the application you want to launch.
• Click the "show application" menu (For the Fedora operating system, you can see the menu after opening
Activities menu) on the lower left and type in the name of the application you want to launch.
Select the system menu arrow on the top right and click on Settings.
• For the Ubuntu operating system, see the Ubuntu documentation site at
• For the Fedora operating system, see the Fedora project wiki at
• The Gnome desktop is installed by default and is designed to be simple and easy to use. Details on using
Gnome are available by launching the Help application or online at
Your computer helps you connect to the world through a wired or wireless network.
Connect to Wi-Fi networks
1. Click the system menu arrow on the top right. A list of available wireless networks is displayed.
© Copyright Lenovo 2020