Chapter 3. Explore your computer
Use the Intelligent Cooling feature
The Intelligent Cooling feature enables your computer to work in the following three modes:
• Quiet mode
: the quietest fan noise
• Balanced mode
: balanced performance and fan noise
• Performance mode
Do the following to switch to the preferred mode:
• Press Fn+L to switch to quiet mode.
• Press Fn+M to switch to balanced mode.
• Press Fn+H to switch to performance mode.
Use the P-to-P 2.0 charging function
The USB-C connector on the computer features the Lenovo-unique P-to-P 2.0 charging function. When no
ac power is available, this feature enables one computer to supply power to another computer through a
USB-C to USB-C cable. When ac power is available for only one computer, this feature enables both
computers to get charged by ac power.
Before using the function, ensure that:
• The selected connectors support the P-to-P 2.0 charging function and power delivery function.
• Always On USB and Charge in Battery Mode are enabled in UEFI BIOS of both computers, so that the
function works even when the computers are off or in hibernation mode. To enable Always On USB and
Charge in Battery Mode:
1. Enter the UEFI BIOS menu. See "Enter the UEFI BIOS menu" on page 23.
2. Click Config ➙ USB to enable Always On USB and Charge in Battery Mode.
To use the function:
• When no ac power is available:
The remaining battery power of computer A should be at least 30% and be 3% higher than that of
computer B. Connect the computers to each other with a USB-C to USB-C cable. In this situation,
computer A works as the power supply. Once the remaining battery power of computer A is lower than
30%, computer A stops supplying power to computer B.
• When ac power is available:
Connect the computers to each other with a USB-C to USB-C cable. Connect one computer to ac power.
In this situation, ac power works as the power supply and both computers get charged.
© Copyright Lenovo 2020
: the highest performance and normal fan noise