4. Type the current supervisor password in the Enter Current Password field. Then, leave the Enter
New Password field blank, and press Enter twice.
5. In the Changes have been saved window, press Enter.
6. Press F10 to save changes and exit the UEFI BIOS menu.
• If you have not set a supervisor password, contact a Lenovo authorized service provider to have the
system management password removed.
Use Power Loss Protection function (for selected models)
For models shipped with an NVMe (Non-Volatile Memory express) M.2 solid-state drive, the M.2 solid-state
drive features the Lenovo-unique PLP (Power Loss Protection) function to avoid data loss or damage. On
very rare occasions, your computer is not responding and you might have to shut down your computer by
pressing and holding the power button for about seven seconds. In this case, the PLP function enables key
data of your computer to be saved timely. However, there is no guarantee that all data is saved in any
situation. To check the type of your M.2 solid-state drive:
1. Restart the computer. When the logo screen is displayed, press F10 to enter the Lenovo diagnostics
2. On the TOOLS tab, select SYSTEM INFORMATION ➙ STORAGE using the arrow keys.
3. Locate the Device Type section to check the information.
Secure your computer and information