6. Loosen the screw
7. Pull the busbar out to the front.
8. Remove the current transformer from the bottom.
Installing the current transformer
To install the current transformer, proceed as follows:
1. Carry out the removal steps in reverse order.
2. Screw the screws into the busbars with a tightening torque of 50 Nm.
3. After installing the current transformer, check that it works properly.
Replacing the double submodule
Safety instructions for replacing the double submodule
High voltages may occur at the DC link capacitors of the double submodules due to defective
discharge resistors. Touching live components can result in death or serious injury.
The five safety rules must be observed.
Before replacing a double submodule, ensure the following:
● The module is grounded at the input and the output sides.
● No voltage is present at the double submodule.
Each double submodule comprises two mechanical units, which can be separated:
● The gating unit with a weight of approx. 12 kg
● The capacitor bank with a weight of approx. 44 kg
Removing the double submodules incorrectly can lead to serious injury and material damage.
When installing and removing the double submodules, do not position yourself below the
and the three screws
When doing so, keep a firm grip on the busbar to ensure it does not fall.
When doing so, be aware of the cables connected to the second current transformer.
Check that the double submodule is in a no-voltage condition at the terminals of the double
submodule as well as at the terminals of the capacitor bank.
that connect the busbar to the fixing plate.
SINAMICS SM120 6SL38855?B
Operating Instructions 12/2015