Preparations for use
● Persons driving cranes and fork-lift trucks must hold appropriate licenses.
● You must observe the specifications to avoid transport damage to the enclosure and you
● When lifting the drive, use only approved and undamaged sling guides and spreaders of
● When lifting, refer to the information on the lifting plate or in "Technical data and drawings."
Significant vibration during transportation and shocks when setting down can damage the
Avoid vibrations and shocks.
Take the center of gravity into account
Non-observance of center of gravity specifications
The cabinet is heavy. The center of gravity can be in the upper half of the cabinet. The unit
can tip over if you transport it incorrectly – or if you use transport equipment that is not
permitted for the purpose. This can result in death, serious injury or material damage.
● Ensure that only trained personnel transport the device with approved transport equipment
● Observe the center of gravity specifications. A label or stamp is attached to each
● Do not tilt the device or allow it to fall.
The following figure shows the centers of gravity as an example: Carefully note the centers of
gravity when performing any lifting or installation work.
must maintain the permissible climatic conditions during operation in accordance with
IEC 60721-3-1/2/3. Please also observe the "Technical specifications" instructions.
sufficient rated capacity. Check these before using them. The weight of the drive is specified
on the rating plate.
Comply with the specified spreading angles.
and lifting tools.
transportation unit and precisely shows the center of gravity of the cabinet.
Example illustration of centers of gravity
SINAMICS SM120 6SL38855?B
Operating Instructions 12/2015