6) Close the front cover.
<Going through the Developer Idling Mode>
When installing the machine in a low-temperature,
low-humidity environment, go through the developer
idling mode before installing the toner bottle in order
to prevent the density from becoming low on the first
approx. 100 sheets.
1) Plug the power cord into the outlet.
2) Open the front cover.
3) With the front cover open, turn on the main power
4) When a message appears on the control panel dis-
play, press the following keys to enter the service
Additional functions key > 2 key > 8 key > Addi-
tional functions key
5) Select "#PRINT" using the + or - key, and then
press the OK key.
6) Select "#PRINT SW" using the + or - key, and then
press the OK key. Confirm that the following mes-
sage is displayed:
Message: #PRINT SW 001 00000000
7) Press the following keys and confirm the message:
# key > 1 key >1 key
Message: #PRINT SW 011 00000000
8) Position the cursor to Bit-1 (second from right) us-
ing the + or - key, and press the 1 key, and then con-
firm the following message:
Message: #PRINT SW 011 00000010
9) Press the OK key. Confirm that "SW 011" changes
to "SW 012".
Message: #PRINT SW 012 00000000
10) Press the Reset key to exit the service mode.
11) Close the front cover. The machine will run in the
developer idling mode for about 1 minute.
12) When the machine stops, the idling mode ends.
Install, the toner cartridge following the above-men-
1.2.4 Setting the Cas-
iR2016J / iR2016 / iR2020 / / iR2016i / iR2020i
1) Holding the knob  at the center of the cassette,
draw out the cassette  until it stops.