7810iR Internet Communication Module Installation and Setup Guide
For UL installations, the Listed Class 2 7720V2TR must be powered by a Listed uninterruptible
power supply (UPS) with audible and visual indications of switchover to secondary power.
For C-UL installations, a Listed Class 2 7720V2TR-CN must be used.
685 Automation Mode
When configured for 685 Automation Mode, subscriber alarm messages received on the
10BaseT connection are routed directly to Automation equipment. Using an RS232 serial
interface, the 7810iR communicates with Automation equipment in the same way a 685 or
MX-8000 Digital Alarm Receiver does.
New alarms are briefly displayed in the 7810iR New Alarm window with no audible alert.
When the Automation equipment receives and acknowledges the alarm message, the 7810iR
automatically moves the current message into the Alarm History window. The next alarm in
the New Alarm buffer will be displayed in the New Alarm window.
Wiring 7810iR for 685 Automation Mode
Make the following connections using the included header:
1. Cut all lugs from ADEMCO cable assembly P4127 provided.
2. Connect the 12V AUX terminal (pin 1) of 7810iR to the DC(+) terminal of power supply
7720V2TR. Connect a jumper between 12V AUX terminal (pin 1) and 12V IN (pin 2,
3. Connect the GND terminal (pin 3) of the 7810iR to DC(-) of power supply 7720V2TR and
to the yellow lead of ADEMCO cable assembly P4127 as shown in the figure below.
4. Connect the Data Out (pin 4) terminal of the 7810iR to the green lead of ADEMCO cable
assembly P4127 as shown in the figure below.
5. Connect the Data In (pin 5) terminal of the 7810iR to the red lead of ADEMCO cable
assembly p4127 as shown in the figure below.
6. Plug cable assembly P4127 into ADEMCO connector assembly K1153.
7. Insert the red wire from the K1153 connector housing into pin 2 of the K1153 connector.
8. Insert the green wire from the K1153 connector housing into pin 3 of the K1153
9. Insert the yellow wire from the K1153 connector housing into pin 5 of the K1153
10. Connect one end of the Ethernet cable (Category 5) to 7810iR's RJ45 Ethernet connector
and the other end to a cable/DSL router.
Use a Listed cable/DSL router suited for the application.
Attach the case front of the 7810iR to the case back. Attach the top of the 7810iR first,
and then press the bottom section inward until it snaps into place securely.