Wiring the 7810iR For LRR Line Card Mode
Make the following connections using the cable assembly and connector provided (see
Figure 2 below when making connections):
1. Cut all lugs from ADEMCO cable assembly P4127.
2. Connect the 12V AUX terminal (pin 1) of the 7810iR to the DC (+) terminal of power
supply 7720V2TR. Connect a jumper between 12V AUX terminal (pin 1) and 12V IN
(pin 2, RED).
3. Connect the GND terminal (pin 3 of the 7810iR to DC (-) terminal of power supply
7720V2TR and the yellow lead of cable assembly P4127.
4. Connect the Data Out (pin 4) terminal of the 7810iR to the green lead of cable
5. Connect the Data In (pin 5) terminal of the 7810iR to red lead of cable assembly P4127.
6. Plug the P4127 cable into the male DB25 connector as shown in the figure below.
7. Insert the green wire from the DB25 connector housing into pin 2 of the DB25
8. Insert the red wire from the DB25 connector housing into pin 3 of the DB25 connector.
9. Insert the yellow wire from the DB25 connector housing to pin 7 of the DB25 connector.
10. Connect one end of the Ethernet cable (Category 5) to the 7810iR's RJ45 Ethernet
connector and the other end to an Ethernet router.
Use a Listed cable/DSL router suited for the application.
Attach the case front of the 7810iR to the case back. Attach the top of the 7810iR first,
and then press the bottom section inward until it snaps into place securely.
NOTE: For more information on networking, refer to the Communications Setup Section.
For general information on the 7810iR, refer to the Navigation and Basic Features Section.
To complete the installation, refer to the Programming Section.
Figure 2. 7810iR 685-5 Line Card Mode Wiring
Section 2: 7810iR Setup