Installation and operating conditions for the hazardous area
Device may be damaged
Note the following conditions when installing and operating the device in a hazardous zone
to avoid damage:
• Making and breaking of circuits is permitted only in a de-energized state.
• The maximum surface temperature, corresponding to the marking, applies only for
• The device may only be operated in such a way that adequate protection against UV
• The device may not be operated in areas influenced by processes that generate high
• The equipment must be installed so that it is mechanically protected.
• The device sockets must be protected with a shrink-on tube.
• The 8 pin connector must be grounded via its supply line.
• The device may only be operated with accessories specified or supplied by the
System Manual, 07/2016, C79000-G8976-C345-0x
operation without a cover of dust.
light is ensured.
manufacturer. All the points above also apply to the accessories (cables and
connectors) and to the antennas (exception: the housing of antenna 1 does not need to
be installed with impact protection).
5.4 SIMATIC RF340R/RF350R