Features of the RF300 reader
The reader provides inductive communication with the transponders and serial connection to
the communications modules.
Communication between the transponder and reader takes place over inductive alternating
The transmittable data volume between reader and transponder depends on
● the speed at which the transponder moves through the transmission window of the
● the length of the transmission window,
● the transponder type used (RF300- / ISO 15693- (MDS D)/ ISO 14443 transponder (MDS
● the memory type (FRAM, EEPROM; with RF300 transponders).
ISO 15693 functionality
With all readers of the RF300 family, you can use ISO 15693 transponders. Note that the
readers for RF300, ISO 15963 or ISO 14443 operation must have parameters assigned. The
parameter assignment done with the aid of the RESET frame (INIT-Run).
For more detailed information on software parameter assignment refer to the manuals.
● Function manual "Ident profile and Ident blocks
● Product Information "FB 45 and FC 45 input parameters for RF300 and ISO transponders
● Function manual "FB 45 (https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/ww/en/view/21738808)"
as of version "AS ≥ A3".
System Manual, 07/2016, C79000-G8976-C345-0x