1. The surface area of the FFPE tissue sample could be measured as following examples:
2. Sample amount of preparation can be 1-5 scrolls, each with a thickness up to 5μm. One FFPE scroll could be
enough to analyze if the surface area is over 200 mm
Surface area (mm
*Overload the sample or paraffin will clog the tip and decrease the yield.
3. If the tissue sample is over 300 mm
4. If you have no information about the sample, we recommend starting with no more than 1 scroll and cutting it
into 4 sections per preparation.
5. Sula Oil is a deparaffin buffer. The capacity of the Sula Oil (500 μl) is about 20 mg paraffin per preparation.
6. In MagCore 405 program, two different lyse time are provided: 2hr and 16hr.
1. Both 2hr and 16hr program can extract DNA from FFPE sample.
Choose 2hr program for saving time; choose 16hr for higher yield.
2. If you want to increase DNA yield, an overnight incubation(16hr program) can be performed, but it may result in
greater DNA fragmentation.
, we recommend cutting it into 4 sections as following examples:
(Don't over load 5 scrolls)