Immediately unplug the power plug from the AC power outlet
and contact an authorized Canon dealer if the machine makes
an unusual noise, emits an unusual smell, or emits smoke or
excessive heat. Continued use may result in a fire or electrical
Do not disassemble or modify this machine. There are high-
voltage and high-temperature components inside the machine
which may result in a fire or electrical shock.
Place the machine where children will not come in contact with the power cord and other cables or internal
and electrical parts. Failure to do so may result in unexpected accidents.
Do not use flammable sprays near this machine. If flammable substances come into contact with electrical
parts inside this machine, it may result in a fire or electrical shock.
When moving this machine, be sure to turn OFF the power of this machine and your computer, and then
unplug the power plug and interface cables. Failure to do so may damage the power cord or interface
cables, resulting in a fire or electrical shock.
When plugging or unplugging a USB cable when the power plug is plugged into an AC power outlet, do not
touch the metal part of the connector, as this may result in an electrical shock.
If you are using a cardiac pacemaker
This machine generates a low level magnetic flux. If you use a cardiac pacemaker and feel abnormalities,
please move away from this machine and consult your physician immediately.
Do not place heavy objects on this machine as they may fall, resulting in injury.
For your safety, please unplug the power cord if the machine will not be used for a long period of time.
Use caution when opening and closing covers to avoid injury to your hands.
Keep hands and clothing away from the rollers in the output area. If the rollers catch your hands or clothing,
this may result in personal injury.
The inside of the machine and the output slot are very hot during
and immediately after use. Avoid contact with these areas to
prevent burns. Also, printed paper may be hot immediately after
being output, so use caution when handling it. Failure to do so may
result in burns.
Important Safety Instructions