Warning! For protection from electric shock, the fixture must be electrically connected to ground
(earth). The AC mains power supply must be fitted with a fuse or circuit breaker and ground-fault
The MAC Viper Performance features an auto-sensing switch-mode power supply that automatically adapts
to AC power at 120-240 V (nominal), 50/60 Hz.
Important! Connect the MAC Viper Performance directly to AC power. Do not connect it to a dimmer
system; doing so may damage the fixture.
The MAC Viper Performance requires a power input cable with a Neutrik PowerCon NAC3FCA cable
connector for AC mains power input. The cable must meet the requirements listed under "Protection from
electric shock" on page 4.
Martin™ can supply either a suitable 3 m (9.8 ft.) power cable with PowerCon input connector installed or
the PowerCon input connector without a cable (see "Accessories" on page 31).
Installing a power input connector on a power cable
To install a Neutrik PowerCon NAC3FCA input connector on a power
cable, see illustrations above and right:
1. Slide the bushing over the cable.
2. Slide the white chuck over cables with a diameter (D
(0.2 - 0.4 in.), or the black chuck over cables with a diameter of 10 -
15 mm (0.4 - 0.6 in.).
3. Prepare the end of the cable by stripping 20 mm (0.8 in.) of the
cable's outer jacket.
4. Strip 8 mm (1/3 in.) of insulation from the end of each wire.
5. Use a small flathead screwdriver to fasten the wires into the
connector terminals in the insert as follows:
• live wire into the terminal marked L
• neutral wire into the terminal marked N
• ground (earth) wire into terminal marked
6. Push the insert and chuck into the housing (note the raised key and
keyway to ensure correct orientation).
7. Fasten the bushing to the housing using a wrench to a torque of
2.5 Nm (1.8 lb.-ft).
) of 5 - 10 mm
Illustrations used by kind permission of Neutrik AG