Locating Scew Holes
B When installing with bare hands, take
caution to not inflict injury.
B Be careful not to hit electrical wiring,
gas, or water piping while drilling holes.
1. Drill a single screw hole, making sure to hit a stud.
2. Insert and tighten the screw and hang the unit by the
upper wall mounting bracket.
3. Determine the positions for the remaining four screws
(two for the top bracket and two for the bottom), and
remove the unit.
4. Drill holes for the remaining four screws.
5. Hang the unit again by the first screw, and then insert
and tighten the remaining four screws.
6. Take waterproofing measures so that water does not
enter the building from screws mounting the device.
• Make sure the unit is installed securely so that it will
not fall or move due to vibrations or earthquakes.
Installations at Elevations Above 2,000'
• If this water heater is being installed at an elevation
of 2,000' (610m) or higher, disconnect the connec-
tor labeled "High Elevation Disconnect" as illustrated
on the right. This connector is located inside the unit.
• Disconnect power to the water heater before discon-
necting this connector. Failure to perform this step
will result in a flashing light on the unit or a "73" code
displayed on the optional remote controller and a
cease in operation. If this occurs, disconnect, then
reconnect power to the water heater to reset the sys-
6 720 644 063