Consult a qualified electrician for the
Warning: Do not connect electrical
power to the unit until all electrical
wiring has been completed.
Warning: This appliance must be
electrically grounded in accordance
with local codes, or in the absence of
local codes, with the National Electrical
Code, ANSI/NFPA 70. In Canada, the
latest CSA C22.1 Electrical Code.
Caution: Label all wires prior to
disconnection when servicing controls.
Wiring errors can cause improper and
Caution: Verify proper operation after
Caution: Field wiring to be performed
at time of appliance installation.
Warning: Electrical Shock Hazard!
Do not turn power on until electrical
wiring is finished. Disconnect power
before servicing. Failure to do so may
result in death or serious injury from
• The electrical supply required by the water heater
is120VAC at 60 Hz. The power consumption may be
up to 141W. Use an appropriate circuit.
• Do not disconnect the power supply when not in use.
When the power is off, the freeze prevention in the
water heater will not activate, resulting in possible
• Do not let the power cord contact the gas piping.
Tie the redundant power cord outside
the water heater. Putting the redundant
length of cord inside the water heater
may cause electrical interference and
• To prevent electrical shock, provide a ground with
resistance less than100Ω. An electrician should do
• A grounding screw is provided on the back in the
Do not connect the ground to the city
water or gas piping. Do not tie the
ground to a telephone line.
• Mount a device which shuts off the electrical path
automatically (leakage breaker) when electrical leak-
age is detected.
Power cord connection
1. Remove the screw (one) of the junction box and open
the cover of the junction box.
2. Connect the grounding wire to the ground screw in
3. Crimp the outdoor power cord to the power cord of
Electrostatic discharge can affect elec-
tronic components. Take precautions to
prevent electrostatic discharges from
personnel or hand tools during the wa-
ter heater installation and servicing to
protect product's electronic control.
6 720 644 063