Your IBM-3455 telephone has been designed to give years of trouble-free
service. It is a sensitive electronic instrument. To assure its longevity, please
read the following maintenance instructions.
1. Keep the IBM-3455 away from heat as high temperatures can shorten the life
of the electrical components and distort or melt its plastic parts.
2. The IBM-3455 should be kept free of dust and moisture. If it gets wet, wipe it
dry immediately. Liquids can contain minerals that can corrode electronic
3. Handle your IBM-3455 gently and carefully. Dropping it can cause serious
damage to circuitry, or the plastic case, which may result in malfunction.
4. Do not use any type of chemical or any abrasive powder to clean the
cabinet. Use only mild detergents on a soft, damp cloth to clean the
5. The IBM-3455 has built-in surge protection circuits that meet or exceed FCC
requirements. However, an incident such as a lightning strike at or near the
telephone lines, could cause serious damage.
6. If the IBM-3455 is installed in an area with frequent or severe electrical
storms, it is suggested that the telephone be disconnected during these
storms or that additional surge suppression equipment be added to the
7. In the case of trouble with the telephone, do not attempt to repair the
telephone yourself. It is the responsibility of users requiring service to report
the need for service to our Service Department. They will make the
necessary arrangements for repair or replacement.
8. If you should have any questions about the operation of your IBM-3455
telephone, please call our Service Department at 1-800-955-1009, between
the hours of 9:00 A.M. and 9:00 P.M. Eastern time Monday - Friday. Or you
may contact TT Systems LLC for technical assistance via our Internet Web
site: http://www.ttsystems.com or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE