BATTERY CAUTIONARY INSTRUCTIONS
To reduce the risk of fire or injury to persons, read and follow these instructions:
• For the cordless handset, use only 3.6V 600mAh Nickel Cadmium (Ni-Cd),
GP60AAS3BMJ cordless telephone replacement battery pack (included).
• Do not dispose of the batteries in a fire. The cells may explode. Check with local codes
for possible special disposal instructions.
• Do not open or mutilate the batteries. Released electrolyte is corrosive and may cause
damage to the eyes or skin. It may be toxic if swallowed.
• Exercise care in handling batteries in order not to short the battery with conducting
materials such as rings, bracelets, and keys. The battery or conductor may overheat
and cause burns.
• Do not attempt to rejuvenate the batteries identified for use with this product by
heating them. Sudden release of the battery electrolyte may occur causing burns or
irritation to eyes or skin.
• When inserting batteries into this product, the proper polarity or direction must be
observed. Reverse insertion of batteries can cause charging, and that may result in
leakage or explosion.
• Remove the batteries from this product if the product will not be used for a long period
of time (several months or more) since during this time the battery could leak in the
• Do not store this product, or the batteries identified for use with this product, in high
temperature areas. Batteries that are stored in a freezer or refrigerator for the purpose
of extending shelf life should be protected from condensation during storage and
Batteries should be stabilized at room temperature prior to use after cold storage.
The EPA certified RBRC® Battery Recycling Seal on the nickel-cadmium (Ni-Cd)
battery indicates TT Systems LLC is voluntarily participating in an industry
program to collect and recycle these batteries at the end of their useful life,
when taken out of service in the United States or Canada. The RBRC® program
provides a convenient alternative to placing used Ni-Cd batteries into the trash
or the municipal waste stream, which may be illegal in your area. Please call
1-800-8-BATTERY for information on Ni-Cd battery recycling and disposal
bans/restrictions in your area. TT Systems LLC's involvement in this program is
part of our commitment to preserving our environment and conserving our
RBRC™ is a trademark of the Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation.